Sunday, May 16, 2010

Where to Start?

So much has been going on in our lives lately. I'm not really sure where to start. I'll begin with the most important part. God has placed me in a position of leadership in our MOPS group. To make a long story short, I have accepted the position as coordinator of our group. I am totally inadequate and unworthy for this position, but I am following a calling God has placed on my life. I have a passion and desire to reach out to women with young children. I pray that God will work through me and use me to reach out to others and show them His love.

My sweet little Laney turned one a few weeks ago. I'm still wondering where the past year has gone to. It's been filled with wonderful memories that I will cherish forever.

This past week has been crazy to say the least. Michael has been busy with meetings, preparing for Senior Recognition, and preparing to preach on top of everything he normally does. Laney has been sick with tonsilitis, poor baby. And my sweet Natalie has hit the terrible three's. She hasn't actually been terrible, but she has been ignoring me and disobeying quite a bit lately. I'm sure it didn't help with Laney being sick and getting lots of attention this past week. Natalie was much better today after she got some much needed attention from Grammie and Grandpa.

We watched Natalie sing at her Parent's Day Out program tonight. I can't belive her first year of "school" is almost over. Her teachers, Susan and Teresa, have been wonderful! Along with our director, DeAnne. I can't begin to thank them enough for all they do for my little girls. They love on both of them. Natalie has learned so much this past year. I'm sad that her first year is coming to an end, but excited that we'll be able to spend more time together.

Lastly, I've still been working on some crafts as usual. The latest projects are mother's day bags, another clipboard, bags for MOPS, bows for the girls, and a flowergirl's dress for Natalie for my little bro's wedding.

Whew! I'm ready for a vacation! Just two and a half more weeks! We are taking the girls camping at Tyler State Park. I'm so excited! Just us and the outdoors with no distractions and business.

My prayer is that among all the business I don't lose sight of my Creator, Father and Friend. He has given me so many desires and passions. I don't ever want to get so involved with activities that I lose sight of my first passion-JESUS!

No comments: