Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swimming and Watermelon

Two of my favorite summertime pastimes...swimming and watermelon. When my parents visited yesterday, we made a trip to Graham's in Edgewood. They have the best fruits and veggies! Well, of course they got us a huge watermelon. We cut it tonight and it was delicious! I saw one of Sandra Lee's recipes for watermelon spritzers a while back and thought I would give it a try. It's really easy-watermelon, club soda, lime juice, sugar and ice. So, after the girls went to bed tonight I fixed them for me and Michael. Sadly, I was disappointed. They turned out beautifully, but didn't taste as well as I was hoping. Oh well...we have tons of sweet watermelon to eat so we'll just eat it instead of drinking it!

My brother, Matt, was in town at my parents' this weekend so he made a trip by to see us. I'm so happy and excited that we got to see him! He lives in west Texas and we haven't seen him since March. It's not exactly a short trip to visit either way. He got to see Laney for the first time and Natalie had a blast with him. She played with one of his decoy ducks in her swimming pool and chased bubbles with him. We had a great time eventhough it was a short visit. Hopefully, it won't be that long before we see him again.

After they left, Laney and I got in the pool with Natalie. Michael stuck his feet in because, well, the pool is a kiddie pool. We had a blast! It's amazing how much fun we can have being silly splashing around in a kiddie pool. It's been a great weekend so far!

Oh, and I borrowed a sling from a friend. Laney's getting used to it. I think I really like it, too. It frees up my hands.

1 comment:

Jules said...

So funny. I have totally have had a Sandra Lee fail. Actually, I have yet to make one from her that I loved... have any to share that you like? Anyway, I LOVE that you made your pastor a meal. Three years ago when my husband was on a youth group trip a family from church surprised me with a meal. I cannot tell you how special that was and how much easier it made the week go by knowing that I had one less meal to cook and that I was thought of by that sweet family. I can guarantee you that in three years they will remember the meal that you brought them. Hooray for you!!!