Saturday, August 15, 2009

Projects

Mom, the girls and I went shopping today in Tyler. I was looking for fabric to make Natalie a nap mat for Parents' Day Out. First, we went to Hancock's, but I didn't find what I wanted. So, we headed to Hobby Lobby. This is my absolute favorite store. My imagination comes alive with all the endless possibilities of things to create. I found the cutest material for Nat's mat. It called for minky material for the blanket, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $12.99 a yard. Especially when I needed 2 yards. So, I opted for fleece. I didn't need as much since it's double sided. Here's all my materials for my project.


I found a tutorial here http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/nap_mat. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Finished pictures will be coming soon.

I just love this fabric! It's my favorite! Before Laney was born, I found a remnant at HL for cheap. So far, I've made a boppy cover, diaper and wipe case and a flower clip out of it.


What could be better than matching scrapbook paper!!! I want to make Laney a collage like Natalie's and this will be perfect. I also found matching ribbon! I didn't buy any this time, though.


Here are my other finds for the day...



I found a tutorial here http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/08/ruffle-t-shirt-tutorial.html for a shirt using jersey knit. I've been wanting to try my hand at sewing knit material. Well, after finding a little under a yard for $0.90, I have another project. I also found this yard remnant for $3.59. It's regularly $5.99/yd. It also coordinates perfectly with the polkadot material for Nat's mat. I bought a little extra of the polkadots to have for other things. I'm so excited and can't wait to get started!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

I'll be happy to monogram her name on it for free if you want! Let me know