Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sugar Pies

This week has been a busy week for Natalie and I (considering we don't usually go places during the day). Yesterday we started Mom's In Touch. There are some mom's who get together every Monday morning and walk around the track and thank God for His blessings and pray for the needs of the schools, teachers and students. Natalie plays at the nursery at church while I walk and pray. Today, we had our second ladies' Bible study from 10 to 12 and then we went to lunch with a few friends afterwards. We are studying the book Prodigals by Ruth Bell Graham. I am really enjoying the bible study and meeting with the ladies. Tomorrow we start MOPS since last week was cancelled. We haven't gotten much done at the house, but we have certainly had a wonderful week so far.

Looking back at where God has placed us, I am totally blessed and amazed! I absolutely love being here at MSBC. I have made so many wonderful friends and so many people who love my daughter and treat her as if they are her own. If you don't know my part of the story as to how God called us here, ask me sometime. It's amazing and only God could have done it. Glory be to God for all His blessings!!!


Last night about 7, I got a craving for some sugar pies. My mom makes these wonderful mini pies filled with sugar, butter and vanilla. As you bake them, the sugar carmelizes. They are wonderful! Natalie helped me make them. Unfortunately, nothing is as ever good as when your mom makes it, but they turned out okay.


We are shipping off our computer tomorrow to get it fixed. So, it will probably be a week or so before I post again. Then again, that's nothing new. :)

1 comment:

Priceless said...

your mom made us sugar and chocolate pies when she was here and they were oh, so yummy!!!! the kids actually weren't as interested in them as i was, but oh well:)!!!