Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year's Projects

So far this year, I'm doing really good on starting and finishing some new projects. Right after we found out we were having a girl, of course I had to make her first bow. I also finished a headband I had started for Natalie but never finished it because she was too big for a headband.



One of my friends, Fallyn, is having a little boy. So, I made a diaper and wipe case for them. I found the pattern online. It was pretty easy, but it turns out to be way too small. So, I'm going to enlarge it for next time. I think it still turned out cute. I'm amazed that my stripes lined up perfectly! I wasn't even trying!


I've been wanting to make Natalie something to keep her crayons organized, so I made her a crayon roll. It was so easy! I also made one for her friend, Carson, who just turned two. Fill it with crayons and put it with a coloring book and you have a great gift!



I don't remember if I posted this picture or not, but I finished Nat's stocking for Grammie's house before Christmas. She loves Cinderella so it was perfect!


I said I would post pictures of the shirts I made for grandparents for Christmas. Well, here they are. I put on the letters and stiched around them, then one of my friends monogrammed the rest of the names on. I think they turned out great and of course all the grandparents loved them.


I also made all three of us matching pj pants for Christmas morning. I got the idea from my friend's mom. We may look nerdy, but I think we're cute!

I also finally made curtains for Natalie's room on Monday. I plan on hanging them up later today, so I'll have pictures soon. Natalie went to visit Nana and Pops this past weekend, so Michael and I worked on a few projects around the house. I finished painting the entryway and painted some of the trim in the hallway. Michael pulled up the peel and stick stuff on our bathroom floor and laid tile. Yeah! We're one step closer to getting our bathroom done. It looks great! Now, we just need to tile the shower. That'll be another project for another weekend.

I need to post some pictures from Christmas one of these days. I just need to make the time to do it. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

hey...enjoy all that free time before Laney gets here! All looks great. Is the tile in your bathroom blue or black?

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks great! It's soo nice to be able to get some projects done. I'm so proud of what you guys have done with the house. :)