Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Week

First I would like to say that while surfing through blogs for craft ideas, I've found several families who need our prayers due to the loss of a child or a sick child. The http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/ just lost their beautiful daughter. Please pray for them along with http://jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/. Their little boy, Brayden, is three weeks old and is still in the hospital due to some complications. You can check out Harper's progress at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/. I can't help but to thank God for my healthy girls! Sometimes it's hard to understand why God allows things to happen, but I have to remember that He is ultimately in control and has a master plan even when we don't understand.

On a lighter note, I made the first of many outfits for Laney. I have to say that the ruffles looked so much easier in the pictures I found. However, I learned some really good pointers and I'm planning on making another one for her this week.


The weather was cool, but really nice the first of last week. So, we played outside for a little bit. Natalie had a blast chasing bubbles. Here are a few other pictures of some of her favorite things: dressing herself, talking on the phone, coloring, and changing her baby's diaper.



A few months ago, the church gave Michael an extra weekend off and money for expenses. Well, we have been trying for a while to plan a weekend, but we've been really busy with church stuff. We realized if we didn't go this past weekend then we wouldn't be able to go before Laney comes. So, Natalie spent the weekend with Nana and Pops while Michael and I went to Dallas. We found an amazing deal on hotels.com. We stayed at the Prava across from the Galleria. It was awesome! Friday night we ate at Papa's Steakhouse. Oh, wow! I will never be able to cook or eat another steak without thinking of their steaks. They just melted in your mouth! It was such a nice romantic setting. Afterwards, we walked to Starbucks and just relaxed. Saturday, we walked around the Galleria for 6 hours! We had a wonderful time just window shopping without time restraints or chasing a toddler. Back at the hotel, we watched High School Musical 3 ( I know we're dorks). Then, we went to eat at Papadeaux's. It was pretty good. It's kinda hard to eat anywhere after you've had the perfect steak. We went back to the hotel and watched Get Smart. Sunday morning, we planned to go to First Baptist Dallas, but unfortunately, we didn't. We headed back to pick up Natalie and stopped for lunch on the way. Needless to say, it was a wonderful getaway!
Unfortunately, Natalie was sick all weekend. She was in a good mood, but she ran fever and developed a nasty cough. So, off to the doctor we went this morning. The doctor said she has a nasty winter cold. We stopped off at Chick fil A on the way home. Just me and Nat. We had a good time. When we got home, I checked her temp 'cause she felt warm. Grrr...she had at least 102. So I gave her some tylenol and her prescription. She slept pretty much the rest of the afternoon. She's feeling better, but I'm keeping her at home for the next few days unless there's something we just have to get out to do. So, if you don't see me for a while, you'll know why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little Natalie! :( I was wondering if you were ever going to post another blog. haha! Must be nice to have a get away!! ;)
Hope Nat starts feeling better soon. Let me know if you need me to bring you anything. I know how it is- getting out and all with a sick baby. Talk soon!