Thursday, June 26, 2008

Homeowners Again

Well, we finally closed on our house! So, we are officially homeowners again. This week, Michael and our friend, Brandon, have been scraping popcorn off the ceilings, taking down paneling and tearing out sheetrock from termite damage. I wish I could say it's been an exciting week now that we own a house, but it's been quite busy and progress is going a little slower than planned. Everything will work out fine, we've just had a few bugs (literally!) to deal with along the way. Hopefully, next week, I can start texturing and painting. Some of our wonderful youth have offered to watch Natalie so I can help work on the house. Here are some pictures before most of the demolition work started. As you can see the ceilings have already been scraped. The first two pics are of our kitchen and diningroom. The next two pics are of our livingroom. I don't know why the dark spot showed up by the fireplace, but I'm pretty sure it's not really there. The pic with the shopvac is Natalie's room. The room with the ugly carpet is the guest bedroom. The next two pics are of our bathroom. The room with the lovely mauve chair is ours, and no we are not keeping the chair. The next pic is of our hall bathroom. I don't know why the color came out weird, but it's all white. And lastly, a picture of our beautiful backyard. I promise in a few weeks I'll post some new pictures and you won't even realize it's the same house. All it needs is lots of TLC and a family to make it a home. We definitely have our work cut out for us, but we are so excited because it is OURS!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

hey...before you go paint it I think see if we can't try and clean it. I don't know with what...you might ask around but I definitely don't think it's stuck there for good....just smoke residue??? Anyway, I like painted brick (sometimes) so if you want to paint it let's do it but if you're set on not painting it then I'll help you clean it when we both can get babysitters.