Monday, June 2, 2008

Pans and Toes


Last night after church I decided to try to carry everything in from the car so I didn't have to make another trip. I had Natalie on one hip, her bag, my purse, and a bag dirty dishes from the youth breakfast. After I got everything out the bag of dishes slipped out of my hands and landed right on my left big toe. Sounds like no biggie right? Well, there were a few heavy pans and as soon as it hit I knew I was in trouble. I hobbled into the house and dropped everything off. I then proceeded to get Natalie ready for bed. I went to change and had to look at the damage done. My toe was already purple. By the end of the evening I was in excruciating pain and my toenail was greenish blue. I didn't sleep at all because of the throbbing pain. This morning, my wonderful friend Jennifer harassed me enough to let her husband, Brandon drill a hole through the nail to release the pressure. I can't tell you how nervous I was! Brandon did a great job and the only pain I felt was the quick moment the tiny drill bit broke through the nail. I felt immediate relief. My whole foot was red and swollen before, but afterwards it looked and felt so much better. This picture was just taken a little bit a go. Thank God for friends who push us to do what's best for us even when we don't want to do it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh I am sooo sorry! That looks painful! Feel better :)

Jennifer Kindle said...

Okay...now I bet you're wishing you would've taken more pictures, huh???? I'm glad it's better and a much nicer color than before! Is that how you spell nicer? Is that even proper English..I'm thinking not. Oh well. Natalie's towel is monogrammed!